Join us in celebrating the achievements of these dedicated organizations and individuals that make Louisiana’s nonprofit sector strong! The LANO Force for Good Awards pay tribute to Louisiana nonprofit organizations and individuals whose practices create excellence. Winners are outstanding models of mission achievement and community impact – and continue to create Louisiana’s culture.
Previous Award Winners:
- 2018 Winners
- 2017 Winners
- 2016 Winners
- 2015 Winners
- 2014 Winners
Force For Good Awards 2019
- Organization: The organization of the year award and prize is available to any nonprofit organization located in the state of Louisiana, in good standing with the IRS and the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office.
- Individual: The individual of the year award and prize is available to any nonprofit organization staff member who is in the state of Louisiana, whose organizations is in good standing with the IRS and the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office.
- Young Advocate: The young advocate of the year must be 40 years old or younger and be an active volunteer or board member for a 501(c)3 organization located in the state of Louisiana.
- Community Leader: The community leader of the year must have completed the LANO Community Leader program in either Shreveport or Baton Rouge and be actively serving on the board of a nonprofit organization.
- Significance and magnitude of the nominee’s contributions and/or achievements.
- Demonstrated dedication to the nonprofit sector.
- An individual or organization that actively observes best practices in regard to fund development, board governance, Human Resources and Financial Management.
- Preference will be given to those organizations or individuals who are LANO Members
- Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted online (below) and all attachments must be submitted in PDF format. Narratives must not exceed 3 pages. Letters of recommendation will be taken into consideration.
- The awards will be presented at the LANO Force for Good Awards Breakfast on August 21, 2019 at the L’Auberge Conference Center. The awards breakfast will begin at 7:30 am. Both the nominator and nominees will be notified of award status, and will receive complimentary breakfast tickets, one ticket per award winner and nominee.
- Narrative (attach in PDF format with this application; 12-point font; 3 page maximum)
- Organization’s mission, description, history and goals
- Professional Bio
- Reason for nomination and impact of the organization or individual – Why does this organization/individual deserve to be recognized? Include collaborations, recent and noteworthy projects/activities, constituency served, or other examples.
- Letters of Endorsement/Testimonials
- Annual Reports, Brochures, etc.
- Images or Video (YouTube links only)