Company: Northshore Families Helping Families
Contact Name: Kathy Dillon
Contact Phone: (985) 875-0511
Contact Email: [email protected]
Northshore Families Helping Families is looking for an Education Liaison!
The Education Liaison is responsible for providing information and direct support to assist parents of children with disabilities to understand their rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Louisiana Bulletins.
• Knowledge of Special Education, Individual Education Plans, and 504 plans in the public school system.
• Strong teambuilding and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication (public speaking/presentations) skills
• Professional and respectful when speaking with families, professionals and co-workers
• Excellent listener that can offer support and compassion to families and co-workers
• Embrace diversity of all populations
• Understand and agree with the mission and vision statement of NFHF
• Understand and practice People First Language
• Experienced in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Must be able to work M-F weekdays, to include occasional evenings and weekends
• Parents or direct caregivers of a child having a disability are given priority