Director of Development
Location: Baton Rouge | Louisiana
Company: Knock Knock Children's Museum
Contact Name: Genny Thomas, Knock Knock Children's Museum
Contact Phone: 225-388-3090
Contact Email: [email protected]
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is seeking a, full‐time Director of Development to lead the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate, foundation, public, and community donors. The candidate must be innovative, organized, and passionate about Knock Knock’s important mission – To be the community spark for engaging, playful learning experiences that inspire lifelong learning.
As a part of the Leadership Team, the Development Director will excel in collaborating with other staff members, board members, and community leaders. The successful candidate will lead the Development Team, comprised of both staff and volunteers, to maximize funding for Knock Knock Children’s Museum in order to continue its role as a vital and necessary education resource in the Capital Region.
– Prioritize funding needs for the organization and develop a clear case for support;
– Development and execution of a sustainable, long term fundraising plan including:
Installing a broad-based annual giving program to sustain and grow operations
Maintaining a healthy pipeline of major gift prospects
Designing strategic events to raise funds and honor donors.
Developing a comprehensive stewardship plan
– Ensure that the contributed revenues meet or exceed the required amounts for delivery of the museum’s mission;
– Raise funds in a cost effective and efficient manner, utilizing nationally approved metrics to benchmark success;
– Identify, cultivate, and solicit major gifts from corporations, foundations, and individuals;
– Retain, strengthen, and expand community partnerships;
– Preparation of grant applications and reports;
– Participation in planning strategic initiative with the leadership team and key stakeholders;
– Oversee all communications related to development;
– Manage and grow a portfolio of current and prospective donors;
– Oversee acceptance and recognition policies and procedures for gifts;
– Serve as a respected representative of the Children’s Museum and its mission;
– Be accurate and timely with all duties.
– Five or more years of successful experience fundraising in the museum field, culture sector, non-profit world, or within a complex organization;
– Organized and articulate individual who is passionate about Knock Knock Children’s Museum’s mission to promote education through play;
– Excellent written and oral communication abilities;
– Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
– Excels in a strength-based culture and is excited to join a nimble and talented team;
– Well respected within the Capital Region;
– Innovative thinker with a positive attitude and creative problem-solving skills;
– Proven ability to motivate and energize staff and donors;
– A track record of building donor relationships;
– Familiar with donor database software and with utilizing technology to maximize efficient fund development;
– Prior supervisory experience;
– Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.