Location: Angola, Louisiana
Company: LA State Penitentiary Museum Foundation, Inc.
Contact Name: Jaci Vannoy
Contact Phone: (225) 655-2592
Contact Email: [email protected]
JOB POSTING: MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Angola Museum at the Louisiana State Penitentiary, Angola, LA
POSTED: February 2020
Located at America’s largest maximum-security prison, The Angola Museum is a program of the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation, a non-profit organization. The Foundation supports The Angola Museum in its efforts to promote its historical, educational and cultural activities with the public in order to preserve the history and development of the justice system in Louisiana.
The Marketing and Development Coordinator will assist with the museum’s overall marketing strategies, efforts, and initiatives, with a focus on digital communications and customer data analysis to sustain existing audiences and reach new audiences. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and in a team. The Marketing and Development Coordinator is a key position of the administrative team working to ensure the museum’s long-term sustainability. This full-time position reports to the Museum Director with ongoing tasks that enhance the museum’s ability to identify and cultivate potential supporters and secure contributions and grants. This includes prospect research, writing solicitation and report materials, gathering documentation, and recordkeeping for institutional, individual, and public donors. In addition, the Marketing and Development Coordinator manages the museum’s membership program, interacting with members and the public, providing timely communications to members, devising new member benefits and handling all member-related record-keeping. The Marketing and Development Coordinator serves as staff liaison to the Education and Marketing Committees and also collaborates with board members and museum staff to produce communications and events that impact fundraising, membership and the museum’s overall position within the community and the state. This position offers the opportunity to become deeply engaged with the fundamental strategic processes and implementation of fund development for an organization with a growing community impact.
• Become thoroughly knowledgeable about the museum’s history, mission and programs
• Develop compelling fundraising narratives, donor appeals, grant narratives, and other related collateral
• Research and prospect grant opportunities applicable to the projects of the museum on an ongoing basis
• Lead the creation of membership campaigns and development of expanded membership benefits
• Manage all member communications, including benefits, renewals and special announcements
• Collaborate with Marketing Committee on efforts that support fundraising and memberships, such as brochures and social media campaigns
• Create and manage content for digital media presence; create and implement digital media-based advertising campaigns
• Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising and development plan for each fiscal year, inclusive of all projects of the organization
• Create, format, and distribute quarterly newsletter
• Coordinate communications efforts for special events; provide administrative support for special events including data management, mailings, marketing, and other communications initiatives
• Attend events to promote membership signups/renewals and cultivate donors
• Embrace the mission and advance the strategic plan of the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation.
• Support the Museum Director and the Board of Directors.
• Maintain, understand, and implement industry best practices in communications, marketing, development, and fundraising.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years previous experience in a similar position
• Excellent driving record and valid driver’s license
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS IN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial, and effective communications skills (orally and in writing)
• Team-oriented mentality to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong working knowledge of marketing, communications, digital/social media, and advertising
• Proficient knowledge of social medial platforms
• Ability to work collaboratively, to build partnerships, and to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
• Proven ability to handle confidential information
• Dedication to accuracy and detail in the creation of high-quality work products
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously and to lead/work with crossfunctional teams
Interested applicants should send a resume’, including 3 professional references, and a letter of interest to [email protected]
JOB POSTING CLOSES MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020.